I have to say that, so far, the 2010 FIFA World Cup has not got me excited at all! Most of the games have been very negative, with the teams going out to try and avoid losing, instead of trying to actually score goals and win games!
The exception has, somewhat surprisingly, been Germany! They beat our dear friends The Aussies 4-0 and could have reached double figures with the number of goalscoring chances they created!
England, as usual, were a complete anti-climax in their first game against that soccer "giant" the USA! I could have played in goal for England and we would have got a 1-0 win, but no, they picked the West Ham keeper...the rest is history!
What the first round of games has shown is that its possible to overcome skill with hard work and organization. Spain and Brazil are the top two teams in the world and most people's tips to reach the final, yet both were made to struggle by Switzerland and DPR Korea respectively.
I can only hope that its going to get better!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment